These are all really good comments and suggestions.

I know I personally am guilty of speaking in these inappropriate tones. I think we can all learn from these posts to state things in a less "absolute" manner, in one that allows some room for the subjective nature of our opinions to be fully expressed. I am certainly not opposed to posting something that has strong science behind it. But rather than state that individually, it would be better to state that in Dr. so and so's paper, he looked at X and found Y, this kinda of sounds like it could apply to you�

After all we are all knowledgable lay people, do not have intimate knowledge of any given person's situation medically, and we should state things with plenty of "wiggle room" for them to take the science idea to their doctors for direct consideration, knowing that it came from a non doctor. We need to fill their need for "probable, likely answers" with our experience, that can give them some guidance for pursuit and action, and never to speak in absolutes as it relates to them individually. I can tell you with no uncertainty a variety of scientific absolutes (at least as we understand them today) related to this disease in a given population of people. I can less so tell you if any of that applies to a particular person, even if they sound like a text book example here on the forums.

Some of us are more science oriented than others. But that science is not universally applicable. Passion, which many of us have in spades, must be kept in check, as it can easily be interpreted in a negative, pushy manner.

Good stuff from all the recent posters. Good lessons for a better forum.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.