Ben

First, thank you for making me look diplomatic and considerate of other poster's feelings in comparison. We have so many ultra polite people here, that my rough and ready style can seem overly harsh without posters like yourself.

Secondly, I have no problem at all with your decision to stay with the ones that brought you to the dance. I definitely do NOT think it's stupid, nor ignorant in any way.

Third, cancer doctors, even the ones at the CCC I went too, do not realize the utmost importance of having your TSH levels of your thyroid hormone tested before any radiation or chemo. Trust me on this one, you want your TSH levels after TX to be close to what they were before the treatment. There is controversy over what is the right TSH level with labs and CCC's having a 5.5 or a 4.5 as okay even though endocrinologists who went to Medical school in the 21st Century conbsider 3.0 as the highest acceptable level. Before TX, I had a TSH of 1.6 and after TX it shot up to 4.3. Now that I am "on the pill", I am finally warm again. Plus my energy is back and I'm back down to 1.5

Last but not least: are you really going to let yourself be run off of this forum if somebody disagrees with your reasonable decision? I'll put it in your type of no nonsense language: Why would anyone ever consider some "opininated poster on the internet" as a threat to their confidence in their doctors or TX unless they really did not have any confidence in themselves. It's time to man up here. Don't be one of those guys who can dish it out but can't take it. Temper your own post tone if you want calm replies to them.

There is no alternative to OCF for real answers based on real life for the challenge of your life.

65 yr Old Frack
Stage IV BOT T3N2M0 HPV 16+
2007:72GY IMRT(40) 8 ERBITUX No PEG
2008:CANCER BACK Salvage Surgery
25GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin
Apaghia /G button
2012: CANCER BACK -left tonsilar fossa
40GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin

Passed away 4-29-13