Anne,
I responded to the PM. I will also include the question of NCCN guidelines when I see the cancer team on Wednesday.

And I think you may be underestimating St. Cloud. The fact that the facility is very new may account for it not being on the lists you like to see facilities appear on. And remember the doctors are not necessarily rookies and may come from where hotshots come from. My radiation oncologist, the only one I've met so far, is from St. Louis, MO. And St. Cloud is quite a huge medical town. St. Cloud Hospital is the largest hospital in the state, I think. And there are many other large medical facilities in town. The Coborn Cancer Center is part of Centracare which is very large, and it's surrounded by lots of other clinics such as the HealthPartners one where my primary care physician practices (my insurance HMO is HealthPartners). St. Cloud is the third largest metro area in Minnesota, after the Twin Cities and Duluth, and it serves the needs of huge swathes of the states. They may see a lot more patients than you think they do. I'll ask them how many patients they get, with oral cancer, as well. I have a long list of questions!

-Ben-
Diag 12/21/11
T3N2bMX
Surg 1/17
5cm tumor left tongue pos. L tonsil neg. 17 l. neck lymph nodes, 2 pos w/extranodal excursion. 4 teeth neg
Tongue spec 5.9x3x1.8cm. Margins clear to 0.4-0.5 cm
2/20-3/27 27 radiation, 2/20-4/12 3 chemo.
Non HPV, lifetime tobacco, drugs, alcohol teetotaler