Ben, just because the name of your treatment facility says cancer center does not mean it really is one of the country's top centers. I checked the lists to see if your treatment center was included and unfortunately is was not.

Here are the top centers in your ares from US News.
Top Cancer treatment centers near Minneapolis-St Paul

Here are the NCI designated cancer centers....
NCI designated cancer centers

Here is more info copied from Leslie's recent post. It contains excellent important info to help you.
You'll see references on these boards to NCI-designated comprehensive cancer centers and cancer centers. In this context, the differences between CCC and CC have to do solely with research interests (broader in the case of NCI-designated CCCs), and both do take a multidisciplinary approach to patient care. Institutions apply to the National Cancer Institute for the right to be called "NCI-designated" -- it is a lengthy process that involves a lot of paperwork. About 20 leading US cancer centers are also members of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network; together they devise the treatment protocols that are updated annually and used by hospitals across the country.

Here is the link for National Comprehensive Cancer Network Centers.
National Comprehensive Cancer Network Centers

Here is the link for top US hospitals for cancer
US News top cancer hospitals

Last edited by ChristineB; 01-29-2012 09:07 AM.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma