Ben,

Feeling comfortable with your medical professional is important. After your choice of medical team, the two most important things, and really the only things you can control are your attitude (outlook) and nutrition. The rest is up to how your body responds to treatment.

I'd also ask your medical team if they've identified if your tissue samples were HPV+ or not (if they even knew to check as you've posted earlier they haven't informed you) as the choice of chemo will greatly depend on that knowledge. HPV+ tumors and Erbitux don't mix well.

Before starting radiation make sure they do a test on your thyroid and testosterone levels to get baselines as there are countless others on these forums that have had post treatment issues with those as well. Radiation and chemo are not fun, many of us struggled through it and the advice from survivors who have been there and done it have helped many through it, so I wouldn't advise lone wolfing it through that ordeal. I did and it was f'n horrible, it's not happy time with help, but it's one of the lowest depths of hell without it...from someone who's been there done that.

Good luck Ben.

Eric

Young Frack, SCC T4N2M0, Cisplatin,35+ rads,ND, RT Mandiblectomy w fibular free flap, facial paralysis, "He who has a "why" to live can bear with almost any "how"." -Nietzche "WARNING" PG-13 due to Sarcasm & WAY too much attitude, interact at your own risk.