Ben, I do find it a bit disturbing that you consider the advice you were given as 'only that of opinionated people with a lot of anecdotal conclusions'. You might want to start really getting serious and realizing that this is a fight for your life, its not just a numbers game. This is not debatable! We have attempted to help steer you in the right direction, its your choice to listen to sound advice or to think your way is right. There are no sides here, we are all in this fight together. You may not get another chance to beat this so it is only wise to help yourself by seeking out the best medical care you are able to get. Ive seen patients begin at a small facility only to find later they need the experience of a top notch cancer center and its too late. Oral cancer is a horrible disease with barbaric treatments which causes immense suffering in many patients.

When I first joined OCF, my member number was 4591. Today's newest member is 8591. That is 4000 members that have joined after me. I have been an active part of this organization for almost 5 years. During that time I have seen many people come and go, sadly many have died. I have learned an incredible amount of info about oral cancer. It is a known FACT not an opinion that the top cancer centers will give a patient their best chance to conquer this disease.

Please take a minute and reread Brian's post. If anyone knows the ins and outs of oral cancer it is OCF's founder, Brian Hill. Brian clearly wrote that the members of this forum are very well educated in oral cancer. Of course we are NOT medical professionals which is why several members including myself have urged you to get yourself to a cancer center for top notch treatment. No one has attempted to suggest any medical advice as if they were a doctor. When someone asks questions here, we all attempt to help, not just push ignorant opinions on someone. It wouldnt hurt you to spend some time reading the main OCF pages. It will help you get a better understanding of not just oral cancer but also the advantages of having others with experience help you get thru this.

I hope you weigh all your decision and choose very carefully. At the end of the day, it is your choice and yours alone. You need to trust your medical team to provide you with the very best tools to get thru this. No matter what choices you make, the kind members of this forum will try to help you with any of your questions.

Best wishes!

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy