lol, Charm I'd "hate" to see that book rewritten! HTWF&IP changed my life!

I first read that book when I was 25 and that was the "exact" moment when it dawned on me that I didn't know everything. It wasn't until I was 30 that I figured out that I was actually functionally retarded, and now at the ripe old age of 37 I've subscribed to Confucius' wisdom that real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. Since I've only begun to scratch the surface of my ignorance I'm still sticking to my retardation diagnosis. I understand it's a self diagnosis but I'm comfortable with my own medical opinion, as most Dr's would be, it's a pride thing.

Ben, read, really read Christine's last post and understand that not one person here has given you medical advice. They've tried to share common sense, which we all know is not so common. What we've all tried to point out to you is how badly your current medical team is handling you (what "respected" cancer care facility would perform surgery BEFORE getting staging information???) and that it's just "prudence" (may want to look that word up)to get a second opinion. The best advice ANYONE could give you is to get the ABSOLUTE BEST medical opinion available when dealing with the LIFE & DEATH situation you are facing.

One of my mom's favorite sayings is "You can't fix stupid." but you can fix ignorance. I understand you're ignorant when it comes to Oral Cancer, but don't be f'n stupid and discount the years of experience from the "survivors" on these forums, who've not only made it through this experience when the average survival rate of this disease is basically 50/50 but have helped thousands of others as well. We've also been witness to thousands of examples of people dying from this disease, many due to botched medical care from not following sound advice.

It's sad when someone doesn't understand the value of his own life, much less the value of the wisdom that only experience can give.

Peace out Ben, I hope you're just ignorant and not stupid.

Best of luck

Eric

Young Frack, SCC T4N2M0, Cisplatin,35+ rads,ND, RT Mandiblectomy w fibular free flap, facial paralysis, "He who has a "why" to live can bear with almost any "how"." -Nietzche "WARNING" PG-13 due to Sarcasm & WAY too much attitude, interact at your own risk.