Thank yoy, Paul B,

This morning Scheduling called me to tell me I'm having an emergency esophageal dilatation, Wednesday . August 7th. It's based on the cancer MBS swallow study I had done last week August 1st.
We already knew that I'm aspirating " With Every Swalliw", but also, the Pinpoint stricture in my distal esophagus is again obstructing liquids, thick and thin, and it has to be opened. Or, attempted to be opened. We will see how it goes Wednesday. Once again.
My last one was April 9th.

For this one, they apparently had to bump someone else out of the schedule, who was having an elective produre, and then put me in..

I can't express how very thrilled I am to be going under and coming out, in pain yet again, this year... Sigh !!!
But whatever it takes to help.... This stricture has been a dangerous one to try to open ( he has to thread a Guidewire through it, just to gain access. Very tight... Bleeding & ulcerated) and he is constantly worried about Perforating me-- because over the years I've sustained 2 serious Perfs that requires extended hospitalizations...by 2 different surgeons.

Paul, I'm curious , is Field Cancerization one of your diagnoses as well? If so, has it been a matter of watchful waiting and increased surveillance, or was some kind of treatment used to " prevent "?

Thanks!

Crystal