Hi Crystal,

I have the orders for a mammogram and ultrasound and the results of those will determine if I need a biopsy. I also have an order for an ultrasound of my thyroid as my PET scan showed a nodule there. I had my appointment with my oncologist and he says he doesn't expect scans of either one to show cancer. I guess I can count on that a little bit for piece of mind. I plan on scheduling those to take place sometime next week.

So what kind of yummy desserts do you normally make to take to your appointments? I've thought about doing this before but I'm always scared it will go to waste because people may not know my cleanliness in my kitchen. They don't realize I worked for 4 years in the kitchen in a nursing home and had to take classes on cleanliness and sanitation and all that jazz so I definitely follow safety protocols when I cook or bake.

Laura

Laura Age 40
Tongue lesion on left side grew and was hurting in mid-August
Dx as squamous cell carcinoma on 9.18.18
Left Neck Dissection and tongue surgery, lost a fourth of my tongue on 10.1.18, tumor had grown to a T3
Margins were clear except front section of tongue margin had three stray cancer cells that were not in the tumor
Additional surgery 10.18.18 to remove another cm near where the stray cells were found
33 radiation treatments from Nov 2018 through Jan 2019