Hi friends,

It's over a month now, and my tongue Flap is still sutured down to my bottom lip !!
May 14th was this latest surgery-- very extensive, my surgeon Gutted my front Floor of mouth, going over 2 Centimeters Deep in places, trying to get Clear Margins from my Invasive tumors. The tumors originated in Floor of mouth and as they quadrupled in size, they grew into / invaded my tongue flap.
All told, this was my 4 recurrence to tongue flap... 5 or 6th overall recurrence. ( plus it spread twice to left lower lip, and extended deep into my chin.

But this recurrence is 1 year after my Radiation treatments. Yeah, really nice....

I go back to see my surgeon June 26th. On the day I say him Post Op, I had a fever, heat & swelling in face , neck. chin-- and one of the wounds as very infected. Yuck, yuck ..!!
Also, the edges of the wounds on left floor of mouth were Retracted and open-- Not healing. Why ? Because that's exactly where I got a super heavy dose of Rads, because of the cancer there (it was so deep in my chin/ jaw, it was inoperable, so they had to really target it with radiation. Surgery After Rads can be a huge problem, as I am showing.

So, over a month with sutures and my tongue sutured down To My lip .
I've no idea what it will look like when released.
I also don't yet know what treatments in doing next.
I see Radiation Oncology in July ( he is a great doctor!! I enjoy seeing him) and I'm awaiting Medical Oncology.

My swallowing ( I can do liquids only) is terribly difficult, and I'm due a Modified Barium Swallow test, but my GI doc says I have to heal from my 2 surgeries first. And then another esophageal dilation.

So, I wait to see what is next for me.
Crystal