Hi CM57,

This week I have 3 surgeries-- starting Today. As nd Thursday is my double surgery with 2 of my head & neck Oncology surg e one in the Main OR. I will be admitted afterward into The Cancer Center hospital.

Today is my EGD with dilation-- for the 5th time, my G I surgeon is trying to open up the Pinpoint Obstruction , which is blocking my lower esophagus. It's a dangerous orocedure, he uses a Guide wire to thread through it. He gets so worked up worrying about Perforating the esophagus, because it's happened twice before with me, and it's a big complicaruon..

Thursday Main OR-- First d doctor is addressing the Pre-malignant mass beside my vocal cords #1 He is taking a more extensive surgical biopsy and #2 He is doing Laser surgery to this mass.
He Warned me last week that this will Not eradicate it. He said we will be doing this surgery and following it every few weeks / months ..

Then, my primary oncology surgeon comes in and he is Resecting this Oral tumor/ lump/ whatever it's evolving into.... He biopsied it in January, and now it is Triple the size it was then. It's in front, and it's now visible when I open my mouth! It's in bottom palate, and now has grown into my reconstructed tongue Flap. Not good....
So, he's doing surgery to remove it, submit for pathology...

Given my history of Recurrences & Mets-- anything is possible.
This thing has grown larger since I was in his office just last week !!!
Do benign tumors grow that Fast? And spread out like this one has ?

Anyway, I will be admitted to The Cancer Center afterward, at least for one night.

I am okay at 75 pounds and I have my G tube... I will need it after surgery.

But fasting now, of course for my surgery in G I today.
Then Wednesday, I have to Fast again for early Thursday morning ...

Nuts, but they called me yesterday and said this double surgery cannot wait, because both areas are showing Growth.

Wish me luck.

CrystalJ