So good to hear from you! But....I wish you had better news to give! I'm so sorry Crystal! I can't imagine what you're going through. frown Has anyone mentioned HBO treatments? My Mom had breast cancer and the incision under her armpit where they took lymph nodes wouldn't heal and they had her do HBO treatments to help close that wound. She doesn't think they did anything but that wound didn't heal until she did those treatments.

I too am surprised about your margins being so narrow. I'm going to guess they did that to save you some tissue and try to preserve the functionality of your lip/floor of mouth. I'd say ask the doctors at your next appointment because that is very odd!

As far as pain, you know what I say, don't be afraid of taking the pain medication! I'm still on my oxycodone but it's out of necessity. I can't sit at work and be dealing with an earache and/or throat pain!

I hope your dogs are a source of comfort for you right now. My cats kept me company when I was home and laid up on the couch.

Laura Age 40
Tongue lesion on left side grew and was hurting in mid-August
Dx as squamous cell carcinoma on 9.18.18
Left Neck Dissection and tongue surgery, lost a fourth of my tongue on 10.1.18, tumor had grown to a T3
Margins were clear except front section of tongue margin had three stray cancer cells that were not in the tumor
Additional surgery 10.18.18 to remove another cm near where the stray cells were found
33 radiation treatments from Nov 2018 through Jan 2019