Wow Ok so tomorrow is the day. Did they say if they were going to make a new flap for your tongue? Did they say how long they expect for you to be admitted?

I'm so sorry surgery recovery is lonely for you. Feel free to message me on here if you need to!

I know my story seems simple as I've had my first cancer and treatment and now am hoping for no recurrence but I do have a spot on a breast that showed up in my PET scan so I'm trying to mentally deal with that. My mother has breast cancer so why should I be surprised here ya know? lol I know I have to have a mammogram next but I'm sure that's going to be followed by a biopsy if the 'suspicious looking area' isn't completely explained away during the mammogram. So I'd say we are both not all that well mentally from worrying about all things cancer. frown

You got chemo right? Have they tried immunotherapy with you yet?

Good luck tomorrow and I'll be thinking of you. Hoping for clear margins and no complications and a good rebuild of your tongue!

Laura

Laura Age 40
Tongue lesion on left side grew and was hurting in mid-August
Dx as squamous cell carcinoma on 9.18.18
Left Neck Dissection and tongue surgery, lost a fourth of my tongue on 10.1.18, tumor had grown to a T3
Margins were clear except front section of tongue margin had three stray cancer cells that were not in the tumor
Additional surgery 10.18.18 to remove another cm near where the stray cells were found
33 radiation treatments from Nov 2018 through Jan 2019