Hi Crystal!

So glad that your surgery went off without a perforation (that you're aware of)! I hate that you're in a lot of pain but geez the procedure sounds uncomfortable so I bet you're still feeling it! I welcomed pain meds for pain but the downside is they really make you sleepy! At least me anyway. Sleep is great except when you sleep off and on so much that it's hard to get normal day to day stuff done and you feel like a loser for not being able to get off the couch! Anyway have they tried all the different types of pain meds to make sure ALL of them are intolerable for you? There seems like there has to be SOMETHING out there for you besides Tylenol.

Wow nothing picked up on your scans!! I guess though in the medical field's defense, they have no other way of finding a tumor! I don't even think there's markers in your blood. Like higher than normal white blood count or anything. I could be wrong on that though but that was my understanding that basically there isn't any indication of cancer other than the tumor (unless maybe if it's different if there's mets….then I'm not really sure what even shows up with that.) Did it surprise them that there was NOTHING there? I wonder how common that is???

I can't believe a doctor was EMAILING you because he was concerned. It sounds like you probably should of been kept in the hospital for observation if he felt there was a major risk of a complication developing! That just comes off as unprofessional to me.

Well good luck again on the double surgery. You being first in line, you get the surgeons when they are fresh and alert!

BTW, I realize you may not read this until after your double surgery. By all means, if you don't have the energy to respond or whatnot for a few days or even next week then take the time you need to rest! smile

Sending positive vibes to you for tomorrow and the following days.

Laura Age 40
Tongue lesion on left side grew and was hurting in mid-August
Dx as squamous cell carcinoma on 9.18.18
Left Neck Dissection and tongue surgery, lost a fourth of my tongue on 10.1.18, tumor had grown to a T3
Margins were clear except front section of tongue margin had three stray cancer cells that were not in the tumor
Additional surgery 10.18.18 to remove another cm near where the stray cells were found
33 radiation treatments from Nov 2018 through Jan 2019