Cooper,

I’m glad you were able to see a reputable doctor at a CCC, and from her findings, there is no cancer, which is a great thing! Like I mentioned, the only real way to really decide if it’s cancer or not is a biopsy, but I’m sure if there were any indications of cancer they would have done more as surgeons like to operate. I don’t know what level of suspicion is needed before one is done? I’ve always had a FNAB first, fine needle aspirational biopsy under ultra sound guidance, and most, if not all proved positive for cancer. I think for other potential surgeries they needed to confirm the positive FNAB by a direct biopsy under anesthesia. Then the surgeon proceeded to surgery or not depending on the results in the operating room.

I hope all your tests prove negative! There could be something there, idk, but you’re on the case! In the interim, you found out some details about minor medical issues that can be treated.

As mentioned, I wish they could just do a PET scan, which is pretty sensitive for cancer, but it’s still not 100 percent! Their expensive, about $8,000 here, but since you had a Ct scan and physical check the doctors did not find anything. If they did, maybe a Pet Scan would be ordered, but sometimes they don’t and just use the CT scan, which wasn’t my experience as I always had a PET scan initially or after a CT or MRI.

I hope this helps!

10/09 T1N2bM0 Tonsil
11/09 Taxo Cisp 5-FU, 6 Months Hosp
01/11 35 IMRT 70Gy 7 Wks
06/11 30 HBO
08/11 RND PNI
06/12 SND PNI LVI
08/12 RND Pec Flap IORT 12 Gy
10/12 25 IMRT 50Gy 6 Wks Taxo Erbitux
10/13 SND
10/13 TBO/Angiograph
10/13 RND Carotid Remove IORT 10Gy PNI