Alright.

So I saw the ENT today (the one I liked the best of the 3, ya know, the one who knows about HPV.)

She said she thought my right tonsil appeared more noticeably bigger than the left today but said not alarmingly so. She noted tonsil stones... and mentioned that they are oddly only in the right. She gave me the choice to be scoped... said she didn’t feel like she needed to but wanted me to decide. I let her scope me. She said there was some pus on the back of the right tonsil. She took a culture and prescribed me augmentin. She wants to follow up in a few weeks, unless anything changes. She wasn’t concerned with my lymph nodes, including the one I hadn’t noticed before my scan. Said they are all still pretty small.

She said that she didn’t “see anything remotely scary or anything she considered to be an indication of cancer”. She said that she felt that way with “as close to 100% confidence as I can, as no one can say that with 100% confidence.” She noted that given that my ear pain and throat pain aren’t constant (I.e., I mentioned that I can have many painless swallows or not experience the pain for a bit and then I get a stabbing pain out of nowhere), she believed it is more indicative of TMJ pain. She said if the antibiotics didn’t address the throat pain at all, we will discuss other options.

I’ll go back to see her on 8/27.

I honestly don’t know what I hoped for. Of course, I hoped and prayed that she would give me nothing but reassurance while at the same time being careful and thorough. I do believe she was. And she knows that this has been a continuous concern for me and that I am very worried (my almost crying probably made that even clearer.) I didn’t feel rushed or dismissed so I so want to trust her.

Thoughts?