Update... (if anyone is following along)

Just got a call from the NP and she said that my ENT didn’t have any concerns about my scan and would see me at my next appointment (7/15).

I am feeling a little relief. However, still concerned for my on-going symptoms (namely, unexplained ear pain - no infection was detected, swollen (IMO) lymph nodes, minor sore throat/pain when swallowing, stiffness on side of neck, larger tonsil.) Am trying to address anxiety appropriately so as not to confuse true symptoms with anxiety. I’m, of course, holding onto every case of someone here - and elsewhere - who has had scopes and scans miss something.

I didn’t ask any questions of the NP because I got the impression she was just delivering a message. Plus, I kept my appointment with the other ENT who I saw back in March and that is on Monday. I’ll ask him about my scans, have him check my lymph nodes and ask him to scope me again. Depending on my satisfaction with his responses, I’ll consider getting another opinion perhaps at a different practice (the two ENTs are colleagues.)

I’m sorry if I’m frustrating or annoying anyone here. Perhaps I’m looking for an outlet, or reassurance, or someone to tell me I’m not crazy for being skeptical. I do have medical anxiety and I am getting treatment. And believe me, I do more than anything right now want to put this to rest and move on. So please if you have any words of advice I’d appreciate them.