Though I’m not sure anyone is following this thread... I decided to book an appointment for a 2nd/3rd opinion. I think ENT 1 and 2 are basically playing a “I agree with ENT 1” and vice verse. I know there is more than size when evaluating lymph nodes for possible metastasis. The report doesn’t say anything about that. I just went and grabbed my scans. Unfortunately they are on a disc so I guess I won’t be able to see them. The report is identical to the one ENT 1 gave me today.

I’m just concerned about the dx of reactive node and chronic hypertrophy of tonsils because I don’t have a history of chronic tonsil issues. I had a bad sore throat in September 2017 and none since. I had strep throat in April of 2016. Prior to that I hadn’t had any issues since I was a kid. As a kid, I think I had strep once and to tonsillitis once. This is in contrast to my brother who had chronic tonsillitis and had his tonsils removed as an adult.

The ENT said that if the radiologist was concerned about the nodes, he would have recommended an US or biopsy. I know I shouldn’t judge someone who has that expert title but the radiologist is a relatively new grad which makes me nervous. The new ENT I’m seeing next week has good reviews and is not affiliated with the same practice. I really want to feel better about this but now I feel this enlarged node ALL THE TIME! I used to have to search for it and now it’s just right there on my jaw.