((hugs))

I get ya about the anxiety. I'd pretty much graduated from my therapist before cancer hit ... now I'm back again regularly. Sigh. Oh, well, they are non-profit and I suppose I'm supporting a good cause!

You have pain. That IS worth pursuing. Never be made to feel it's not. No, it may not be cancer, but you still deserve to be heard about it. (And I do read your posts, even if I don't have a response.) Me, I'm allergic to ibuprofen since everything went down, so I have to use other meds ... are there other options your doctors will suggest? And my more-like-TMJ issues didn't go away till I lost my teeth ... NOT a solution I recommend, but it did seem to indicate that a properly-fitted mouth guard would have helped some. (Never could get that to work for me at night, sigh. And the pain was in random weird sides of my jaw, not a tonsil.)

I can't really think of other good advice, except that I've got friends who went on to find their issues were more immune disorders (Lyme and such) ... can have truly wonky side effects. My doctor keeps checking me for that every now and then because for some reason ticks find me tasty and I do a lot of Scout volunteering. Don't want to add that to everything else I deal with. Anyway, there are other things that could explain persistent health issues, and hopefully a good doctor will walk you through them.

Surgery 5/31/13
Tongue lesion, right side
SCC, HPV+, poorly differentiated
T1N0 based on biopsy and scan
Selective neck dissection 8/27/13, clear nodes
12/2/13 follow-up with concerns
12/3/13 biopsy, surgery, cancer returned
1/8/14 Port installed
PEG installed
Chemo and rads
2/14/14 halfway through carboplatin/taxotere and rads
March '14, Tx done, port out w/ complications, PEG out in June