Hi!

The appointment was fine. I liked the ENT... she had a very kind manner about her and showed me my scans. She also did a scope and reiterated that she didn’t see anything in the throat that looked suspicious. She did note the size of both my lingual and palatine tonsils and assured me that while they may not seem symmetrical on visual examination, they often can hide and appear symmetrical on a CT (which they did... appear symmetrical and bilaterally enlarged but not significantly so.)

She was a little surprised by the long course of antibiotics I’ve been put on. She didn’t say she disagreed but just did an “oh? Interesting.”

I left feeling a bit reassured but not so much in the sense that I still have the swollen lymph nodes. I actually just found another one... on the right side (the side I worry about). It’s small... I’m not sure if it’s been there but it’s the first time I felt it. It’s close to the other one on that side so I think maybe I did feel it this week but confused it with the other because I thought “wow, I think it’s getting smaller.” Then realized that it wasn’t. She didn’t offer up much of an explanation about that lymph node swelling... just that they don’t investigate them/or consider them suspicious unless they are 1.5 cm or greater in size.

I go back to the ENT who ordered the CT on Monday 7/15. I’m going to ask about the lymph nodes I felt and if they were on the previous CT. So, I’m really just as worried I guess, all symptoms are still here. Ear pain on right side only... very minor throat irritation, swollen feeling on right side of the neck. The only thing that I haven’t been experiencing is that popping sensation.

I want to just move on and enjoy my life but it’s so stinking hard right now when I don’t feel like I have any answers for these swollen lymph nodes (3-4 palpable under the jaw... 2 for sure on right, 1 definitely on left, possibly 2.)