Hi Mark,
well it doesn't have any Prop 65 warnings (mutagen/carcinogen) so it can't be all THAT bad. So what if there are 28 teaspoons of sugar in each can! Only real men eat sugar. I'm sure some idiot will come out with a study soon that says Coke is good for you, just like they did with butter, pizza, tomatoes, etc.

Liver damage was a big concern of mine also, especially since they discovered that I have hep C when I was being tested pre-treatment. I took a ton of Diflucan and it didn't hurt the liver thank goodness. It did suppress my white cell count and is known to do so. They eventually switched me to Nystatin and it seemed to work fine (and my white cell count returned to normal).

Like you also the first solid food I ate was meat -a very rare filet mignon and was it good! Slid right down. I send a lot of meat back these days because restaurants don't get how to cook meat rare (or they're too paranoid). Pasta seems to be the easiest to eat, right up there with Chinese food.

Gary Allsebrook
Dx 11/22/02, SCC, 6 x 3 cm Polypoid tumor, rt tonsil, Stage III/IVA, T3N0M0 G1/2
Tx 1/28/03 - 3/19/03, Cisplatin ct x2, IMRT, bilateral, with boost, x35(69.96Gy)
"You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes" (James 4:14 NIV)