I should follow Gary's comments about checking with your medical professionals. What I have read is that megadoses of vitamins are an unknown factor when in ACTIVE treatment ie: currently in radiation or chemo therapy. I have not read or heard of any study that recognizes good or bad effects during therapy. I did ask my radiation oncologist about my fairly high doses of vitamins during my treatment, and he didn't have a problem.

Gary IS CORRECT It would be wise to discuss vitamins with your doctor.

In my case the professionals were more or less indifferent and seemed concerned about calories only. There are several good books in print on the subject of cancer and nutrition I urge everyone to consider learning as much about this subject as possible. To me it is only logical to believe that the body is going to need much more while rebuilding after the effects of treatment.

I took a fairly high potency multi-vitamin and vitamin E, omega 3 (DHA)suppliments and flax seed oil. I always took them together with food and tried to eat as much colored plant (salad) foods as possible. When the pain was bad it would all go in the blender (pills would be crushed first).

Mark, 21 Year survivor, SCC right tonsil, 3 nodes positive, one with extra-capsular spread. I never asked what stage (would have scared me anyway) Right side tonsillectomy, radical neck dissection right side, maximum radiation to both sides, no chemo, no PEG, age 40 when diagnosed.