Thanks Minnie-

It is good to hear that the time line we thought was sooooo long and not "normal" is actually the same as many experienced. You are right that we need the "patience" card. It is rough to remember that when one day is good and the next seems bad again. I try to do as many "normal" things as possible but meals are just not "normal" and it is hard not to see that.

My husband's tongue burning seems worse today after using the Nystatin and we are not sure if it will get worse before better. The medicine doesn't hurt to use, so he wants to keep using it just in case in a couple of days it will be much better and he'll be able to eat.

Well, I must continue to pray for patience and for God to grant it to my husband as he makes this difficult journey.

Thanks for your encouraging words. I hope one day this will all be helpful to someone else going through the same thing.

Lorie

Lorie/wife of Don, DX:8-7-03, Tonsil cancer left side stage III, IMRT x 35, 6 chemo (Cisplatin/Taxol), clear CT Scan 12-26-2003. Mets to both lungs & AML 11-6-05, mets to brain Jan 2006, mets to liver & bones April 2006, passed away July 20, 2006.