Hi Lorie,

I am sorry that He is having so much trouble.

The regulars here are going to think that all I talk about is yeast infections, but whenever I hear "burning sensations" I think possible yeast (thrush) problems. Any of us that have limited salivia and especially if taking antibiotics should ask for something like Nystatin swish. The problem I had (and others have reported) did not visually appear as the typical thrush infection with the white patches etc. Instead it was burning along with sometimes itching and sometimes a fading of the sense of taste. Sometimes Dr's miss the thrush because it doesn't look like typical thrush. The treatment is easy enough that it is worth a try to see if it helps.

In every case for me the burning would go away within a day of taking the Nystatin.

My other thought for you is to see if he can take some additional vitamins by crushing them. The healing process burns up a lot of stored nutritional elements.

I hope this helps

Mark, 21 Year survivor, SCC right tonsil, 3 nodes positive, one with extra-capsular spread. I never asked what stage (would have scared me anyway) Right side tonsillectomy, radical neck dissection right side, maximum radiation to both sides, no chemo, no PEG, age 40 when diagnosed.