Mark
Thanks for the reply. We keep asking the doctor's about "thrush" and they just keep responding that it doesn't "look" like thrush. Until reading info on the patient forum I was unaware that it could mascarade as just a burning stinging sensation. I will DEFINITELY tell them to let him try the Nystatin. I really was concerned when he was taking antibiotics but they didn't seem to think it was anything to worry about. I didn't really think about adding vitamins to his food. I feed him Resource Support that is especially designed for cancer patients and just figured there was enough vitamins, minerals and protein in those drinks. I'll try adding more to his food...any suggestions on a particular vitamin that aides in healing?? I think vitamin E is supposed to be good and I also read that Aloe Vera is good, have you tried these?

Also we were thinking his body may be weakened additionally by the fact that he had to have hernia surgery 2 weeks ago. The hernia developed as a result of all the coughing and spitting up he was doing during treatment.

Thanks again for your help, Lorie

Lorie/wife of Don, DX:8-7-03, Tonsil cancer left side stage III, IMRT x 35, 6 chemo (Cisplatin/Taxol), clear CT Scan 12-26-2003. Mets to both lungs & AML 11-6-05, mets to brain Jan 2006, mets to liver & bones April 2006, passed away July 20, 2006.