Hi Patty, I have been following your posts for a while but couldn't think of anything to add to the other replies till now.

I personally haven't had a problem with a Doc not telling the whole truth. I do get peeved when they do things based upon the statistics (as in it's terminal anyway). In my mind that creates a catch 22:

The statistics are bad because nobody tried harder because the statistics are bad!

Please consider another opinion! from what I have read even the worst cancers have had survivors. Joe might be one that beats the odds. Please look through the archives and see that we have posted alot about statistics. They simply do not apply to the individual. It is impossible for the Doc to know for sure what will happen and to withhold any treatment options because of his pre-conceived notions is unethical.

Life is "terminal" does that mean we should always do nothing? wink

Yes melanoma is perhaps one of the worst but he isn't gone yet. Please seek additional opinions.

Take care and try to have a special thanksgiving

Mark, 21 Year survivor, SCC right tonsil, 3 nodes positive, one with extra-capsular spread. I never asked what stage (would have scared me anyway) Right side tonsillectomy, radical neck dissection right side, maximum radiation to both sides, no chemo, no PEG, age 40 when diagnosed.