Paul,

Wishing you the best on your next round of treatment. At least it is "only" dental issues! Although what you've been thru I know that isn't a minor issue. Really happy to hear that you are in the NED category - that is fantastic!

Last year I had to have 4 teeth removed due to RT damage and went through HBO for the 2nd time. I did not require tubes either time and it was not a requirement at the treatment center I went to. I had some issues with my ears during round 1 of HBO, but after I got the breathing technique master, it wasn't a problem. Just the thought of another surgery (tubes), regardless of how minor, wasn't something I wanted.

The only issues I had as a result of HBO was higher BP during treatment and blurry vision towards the end that lasted a few weeks.

The biggest issue was boredom! Fortunately the facility I went to had a large screen TV mounted on the wall and the screen was big enough that I could see it without my glasses. The first time I went through HBO I watched the Sopranos - not exactly a G rating, but I got no complaints from the others in the room, and I found the staff was watching it along with me. The last time I watched the series Lost for the 2nd time (still confused as to what happened). I found watching a series like that made me actually look forward to going to treatment and made the time pass quickly!

Wishing you the best!

Susan

SCC R-Lateral tongue, T1N0M0
Age 47 at Dx, non-smoker, casual drinker, HPV-
Surgery: June 2005
RT: Feb-Apr 2006
HBOT: 45 in 2008; 30 in 2013; 30 in 2022 -> Total 105!
Recurrence/Surgeries: Jan & Apr 2010
Biopsy 2/2011: Moderate dysplasia
Surgery 4/2011: Mild dysplasia
Dental issues: 2013-2022 (ORN)