Well, January 6th didn't go over well with my two radiation oncologist's overseeing my care at the hospital, who don't want to wait any longer being I had a neck dissection on October 24th, with positive margins, so now I'm starting radiation this Sunday, December 22nd at 7PM. This was the schedule coordinator idea at the private radiation center that came up with the January date, which I happily agreed, but should have checked first with the doctors before I started calling everyone, and this morning, I had to call everyone back to re-schedule transportation, and chemo, which will be on December 26th at 9am, which is going to be more of a inconvienance to go there, which is not easy for me not driving, getting back home, and then going to radiation later in the day. Now they say only night positions are available for radiation, and there was no mention of this previously, and hours of operation were Monday through Friday 8am-4:30pm, but they are closed on the 24th and 25th, so those days will have to be made up, and is going to be a problem for my driver driving at night, including myself. Plus, the concierge who handles booking restaurants, hotels, told me three weeks ago, it looked like in the computer I was starting on December 19th, which proved correct, but when I spoke to the schedule coordinator that same day, she said she has no idea yet, is the one who schedules, and treatment plan wasn't completed.

My cardiologist, who I visited on Tuesday has to send a clearance letter that I can start chemo, which he verbally gave me the ok, so had to call his office too, and the oncologists doctor's office manager said she was going to call yesterday, and today I have to do so.

As I already learned, you have to do the work and coordination most others in the medical profession should be doing, and are either too lazy, not competent enough or playing stupid to do themselves. Getting tired of this nonsense, and I didn't even start treatment yet lol. I just feel sorry for the next person that steps out of line with me cause their going to get a mouthful from me. I already don't like the schedule coordinator, and haven't even met yet, based on their doings, availability, demeanor, and tone of voice on the phone.

10/09 T1N2bM0 Tonsil
11/09 Taxo Cisp 5-FU, 6 Months Hosp
01/11 35 IMRT 70Gy 7 Wks
06/11 30 HBO
08/11 RND PNI
06/12 SND PNI LVI
08/12 RND Pec Flap IORT 12 Gy
10/12 25 IMRT 50Gy 6 Wks Taxo Erbitux
10/13 SND
10/13 TBO/Angiograph
10/13 RND Carotid Remove IORT 10Gy PNI
12/13 25 Protons 50Gy 6 Wks Carbo