Hello Paul:
I've been meaning to read your thread for a week now. A bridge partner giving me a newspaper article about proton therapy sealed it; I read your thread same day.

All I can say is your spirit is amazing. We all get caught up in the details of our own case, thinking how bad we've got it, until we read about someone else who is fighting a so much tougher battle, and for maybe the 7th or 8th time. Several times during your thread I thought how does this guy keep going on, never giving up, a true never-say-die attitude. But, every day you just seem to wake up, put on the armor and go back out to slay the dragon.

I don't have any words of knowledge to give you. I just wanted you to know that I am amazed by your stamina and spirit and that your continued writing and sharing when it's the last thing you probably have the energy to do is so much appreciated.

I hope you enjoy the Christmas meals you outlined above; I just wish I had some taste so I could enjoy something/anything similar.

Merry Christmas Paul

Tony

Tony, 69, non-smoker, aerobatics pilot, bridge player/teacher, avid dancer (ballroom, latin, swing, country)

09/13 SCC, HPV 16, tonsillectomy, T2N0.
11/13 start rads, no chemo
12/13 taste gone, dry mouth,
02/14 hair slowly returning
05/14 taste the same, dry sinuses, irrigation helps.
01/15 food taste about 60% returned, dry sinuses are worse in winter.
12/20 no more sinus problems, taste pretty good