I finished my 12th radiation treatment on Friday, and was my first full week without a holiday or interruption. I saw my RO last Monday, and starting to get mucocitis, so I'm getting the saline spray rinse everyday prophlatically, but since my 3rd chemo infusion on Thursday, my taste is mostly gone, maybe developing thrush, and neuropathy is worsening. My MO gave me a prescription for Lyrica, but is too expensive right now, $166, so sticking with the Gabapentin until I'm in the catastrophe phase with Medicare, and then may be only a few dollars.

Sometimes I forget I'm diabetic, and let my glucose get out of control, the decadron, corticosteroid, may be a factor with diabetics to increase it, and wasn't feeling well yesterday, blurred vision, frequent urination, thirst, and upon checking my blood glucose it was a whopping 575! I almost went to the ER, but I would probably be there a few days. I understand they don't let you leave until it's under 200. I've been taking long term, short term insulin, and got it down to 333 today, but also effects thrush I Believe. I bought a bp monitor with health concern now, since it's been running high. and is 140/92, pulse 89 this morning, but was higher, and reason my MO sent me to the cardiologist, and did the EKG, echocardiogram, and still have to do the stress test, chemically.

The Proton center had a graduation party last week for all prior patients, at least 100 people, staff. It was a catered affair witj pasta, salads, sandwiches, meatballs, chicken, and more. The food looked good, but I wasn't hungry after being bolted down for 30 minutes. They gave out certificates, had speeches, and have these gatherings several times, so no ringing the bell here.

Tomorrow I see the RO after Tx, so I'll see what he has to say.

10/09 T1N2bM0 Tonsil
11/09 Taxo Cisp 5-FU, 6 Months Hosp
01/11 35 IMRT 70Gy 7 Wks
06/11 30 HBO
08/11 RND PNI
06/12 SND PNI LVI
08/12 RND Pec Flap IORT 12 Gy
10/12 25 IMRT 50Gy 6 Wks Taxo Erbitux
10/13 SND
10/13 TBO/Angiograph
10/13 RND Carotid Remove IORT 10Gy PNI
12/13 25 Protons 50Gy 6 Wks Carbo