I have my 3 month post treatment PET/CT scan on Thursday. I have no scanxiety and not thinking much about it other than during this post, and need to follow the pre-testing diet, fast, and activity. I have a follow-up with my RO on Monday, and ENT on Tuesday to discuss the results, but I'm going to get a copy of the scan report on Friday by going to the testing center. They always say we sent it to your doctor, but I tell them I'm seeing someone else lol, and get a copy of the report, and CD disk. I have no patience once the test is done, and want to be prepared for the doctor meetings, do my own research beforehand, if needed.

Anyway, not saying it will be, but the majority of post treatment scans are clear, and all my previous ones were, but what followed wasn't. Hopefully history repeats itself for the post treatment scan, and Proton Therapy lives up to its expectations. Then I'll be free for 6 months until the next scan, but if clear, I still need to have my teeth removed, do HBOT once again, due to the radiation damage to the teeth. HBOT couldn't be done with active cancer, so this has been delayed for some time.

Other than that I'm doing fine with recovery. I still have many side effects from the many treatments and surgeries that I had and just deal with being my main concern has been cancer treatment, recovery, Dr follow-ups, testing, and most everything else took a back seat.

My doctor visit last week, and another yesterday showed my weight increased from 170 to 180, my blood work improved or is stable, although I still have chronic anemia, hemaglobin is 10.9 the best in a while, normal is between 13-18 for males, have CKD and creatine is stable at 2.2, still high, but lower that it was after the kidney stone, but that's my new baseline. Ferritin levels are high 1300, was higher, and doctor said it is from inflammation from disease processes, as I thought.

10/09 T1N2bM0 Tonsil
11/09 Taxo Cisp 5-FU, 6 Months Hosp
01/11 35 IMRT 70Gy 7 Wks
06/11 30 HBO
08/11 RND PNI
06/12 SND PNI LVI
08/12 RND Pec Flap IORT 12 Gy
10/12 25 IMRT 50Gy 6 Wks Taxo Erbitux
10/13 SND
10/13 TBO/Angiograph
10/13 RND Carotid Remove IORT 10Gy PNI
12/13 25 Protons 50Gy 6 Wks Carbo