Thank you Tammy. I use both the short term insulin, Novolog, 4 units, and long lasting, Levemir, 10 units, although was using lantus for years, but insurance doesn't cover that anymore, and I do use some sort of sliding scale when my glucose is high, but this did hardly anything to lower it from the decadron. My oncologist just prescribed Glipizide, so will see if this helps. I was able to bring it down to 350 this morning, but I do have another, and final decadron infusion on Thursday again. I used to see an endocinogist, prior to cancer, but will all my other doctors, recurrences, treatments, I never went back, and his wait time for an office visit is 6 hours lol. I did get the insulin pump from him back in 2009, which was supposed to be started after my induction chemo, but things didn't go well with chemo, and I get recall notices for the uninstalled insulin pump, so maybe things worked out. Basically, my PCP, other doctors, somewhat manage my diabetes, prescriptions, but should see a endocrinologist, and manage it better myself.

I do have an early radiation graduation party on the 22nd of January being my last day of treatment is the 29th, hate celebrating before completion, somewhat superstitious lol, but it's a nice catered luncheon once every few weeks, with prior patients invited, short speeches, and certificates being given to graduating patients in their beautiful lobby floor with fireplace, two story ceilings, leather furnishings. On your last day they do play the theme song to Rocky, "Gonna Fly Now", staff, whoever is waiting for treatments participate in congratulating you. I guess I didn't do bad, so far, for someone who was told I stood a 20% chance of bleeding to death from my carotid artery stubs from this treatment, and can't wait to punch my mask like Rocky!

I mentioned NeuraSal (Supersaturated Calcium Phosphate Rinse) prescribed to me, and works well, and use it instesd of the salt water, baking soda rinse, which I always disliked, and it cleared up my mucocitis, dry mouth, and able to eat better now. The company sent me my refills, express mail, for a month or so, and a complimentary bag containing dry mouth gum, with Xylitol, and sore throat relief lozenges, cherry flavor, not that I have any taste these days. I did look into the NeutraSal, and found positive findings, and an article below from Oncology Nurse Advisor, if it may be of interest to anyone.

http://www.oncologynurseadvisor.com...-head-and-neck-radiation/article/290850/

Last edited by PaulB; 01-19-2014 06:43 AM. Reason: Link

10/09 T1N2bM0 Tonsil
11/09 Taxo Cisp 5-FU, 6 Months Hosp
01/11 35 IMRT 70Gy 7 Wks
06/11 30 HBO
08/11 RND PNI
06/12 SND PNI LVI
08/12 RND Pec Flap IORT 12 Gy
10/12 25 IMRT 50Gy 6 Wks Taxo Erbitux
10/13 SND
10/13 TBO/Angiograph