So far my doc is planning on the big surgery towards the end of August. I still must have a consultation with the plastic surgeon. My doc also wants me to have a blood test to type match my blood in case I need it for surgery. The pre admission testing guys always love me too, with trismus they never want me to do the operations. Even without teeth I still cant open very wide. At least not right now, doc thinks that will improve after this surgery.

I still dont feel sick. I get tired more easily and my mouth hurts in the open spots sometimes. Other than that I feel fine physically. Mentally Im starting to struggle with the idea of a long road to recovery. Im not the kind to sit around and do nothing, being told 6 mo -1yr recovery makes me nervous. Im not much of a tv person, I would rather work outside around the house. Even when reading books, I have a hard time relaxing and keep thinking about what I need to do.

I wish I had a fast forward button to go to bed one night and wake up and its 2010.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma