David, I hadnt ridden a bike since I was a kid. My son got me started a few weeks ago. We went on a 9 mile ride (mostly downhill grade) so I thought it was cake and went right out and bought a bike. We next attempted the 26 mile trip which was mainly an uphill grade. I did ok til about the last 3 miles, by then I was wiped out. When I bought the bike, I invested in a padded seat and it was worth it, no sore butt smile

Charm, I understand you very very well. This STINKS!!!! Ive been thru an awful lot already with my 2 rounds behind me. I know just last year you had gone to Italy and now here you are sick again, anyone would wonder the big question of WHY???? But we cant dwell on it or it will make us crazy. When we see things like that chef speak about it, that just makes us angry. How arrogant he was when he said 'dont you know who I am, Im a chef'. He got lucky, so far.

I must just continue my life as best as I can. Im trying to cram alot of life into a short time right now. Wasting time worrying isnt helping me at all, it makes me sad and upset. Some days its real work being optimistic, then I just remind myself it sould be so much worse. Dont you even consider losing me, Im not going anywhere!!!! I will be absent for a couple weeks while Im in the hospital, but I will be back smile

I miss Patty very much. She was so kind, level headed, witty and practical. She is watching out for all of us right along with everyone we have lost along the way. Neil, Brenda, Minnie, Lori's husband Ron, Sof, Petey and everyone else who has battled this terrible disease and suffered thru are my heros. They are the ones who inspire me.

Its a beautiful evening here in PA. Im going out for a short bike ride and to play with my dogs outside. Thats how I deal with this, by finding things I enjoy doing, it helps me cope. Hope everyone has a great evening smile

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma