I have met many people who have had the flap rom the inner forearm and most of them went very well, so we'll pray that you are on that side of the ledger - you deserve some good luck at some point!

My first surgery was 15 hours. I remember the groups of doctors talking about taking a "lunch break" - which immediately gave me visions of lying there alone in the operating room while they leave to eat their tuna sandwiches! Of course they take breaks - but they overlap between teams. I still get a chuckle out of the first visual tho!

Whether the surgery is 5 hours or 15 - you won't know the difference, and if you are like me you will be very happy when they finally start that anesthesia countdown. I think you are at the place where you are ready to say "Let's git 'er dun".

You aren't walking this path alone Christine. Your Angels walk every step with you.

Donna

Donna,69, SCC L Tongue T2N1MO Stg IV 4/04 w/partial gloss;32 radtx; T2N2M0 Stg IV; R tongue-2nd partial gloss w/graft 10/07; 30 radtx/2 cispl 2/08. 3rd Oral Cancer surgery 1/22 - Stage 1. 2022 surgery eliminated swallowing and bottom left jaw. Now a “Tubie for Life”.no food envy - Thank God! Surviving isn't easy!!!! .Proudly Canadian - YES, UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE IS WONDERFUL! (Not perfect but definitely WONDERFUL)