Im scheduled for the test results with my ENT on Aug 11.
Next is the plastic surgeon on Aug 13.
Then pre-admission testing and the PEG docs on Aug 18.
Another consult with my ENT on Aug 20th.

Thats the one where I will decide if I will go thru with this operation. My biggest concern is the quality of life after all of this is over. I know the recovery will be a long one. After all the consults with all my docs and the test results are in thats when I can make an informed decision as to my treatment. This will sound awful....Im sorry....I cant keep doing this every single year. Three years in a row Ive been sick. Its been a never ending cycle for me. Everytime I think Im better and start feeling good, I get this terrible disease again. I wont go thru another round of this, or more surgeries. I want to enjoy my life, not constantly be in a recovery mode.

My countdown begins, 25 days of my current life left. After my surgery, my life will be permantly altered. Really hoping and praying that it will be the end of cancer for me.

Dont anybody get the wrong idea, I am not depressed. I am a realist, I see the situation exactly how it is.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!! Im going to make it the best day possible smile I appreciate everyones support, it is a great comfort to me. THANKS!!!!

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma