Thank you for posting - been worrying about you all day. Not to worry about Stage IV - ask Brian how long ago they told him he was Stage IV!

It sounds like the surgery will be a bit easier on you than you had anticipated. I am glad that you are / were mentally prepared for whatever would need to be done, but I'm sure it will still be a long recovery. Make sure you get all the pain meds you need until the surgery. My last surgery I was in SUCH pain right up until the surgery that I was very happy when they put me out to do the operation.

Any talk of additional chemo/radiation, or will they wait for the pathology before deciding?

I know you can do this Christine. You are not walking this path alone - we are all hear with you. LEAN ON US.

Hugs

Donna

Donna,69, SCC L Tongue T2N1MO Stg IV 4/04 w/partial gloss;32 radtx; T2N2M0 Stg IV; R tongue-2nd partial gloss w/graft 10/07; 30 radtx/2 cispl 2/08. 3rd Oral Cancer surgery 1/22 - Stage 1. 2022 surgery eliminated swallowing and bottom left jaw. Now a “Tubie for Life”.no food envy - Thank God! Surviving isn't easy!!!! .Proudly Canadian - YES, UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE IS WONDERFUL! (Not perfect but definitely WONDERFUL)