I'm Still here.
It has been fourteen months since my last treatment. One year from now that I was just getting past the worst of the impact from the treatments. The gunk in my mouth was just subsiding. How am I now ? I have dry mouth and I hate it, it is all the way in the back of my throat.

Today I had another three month follow up visit, I am cancer free. I am traveling for work again, since the treatments have been done I have been to the UK 3 times, Italy 4 times, Germany and Switzerland 5 times, Poland 2 times, Canada twice, Japan, China, Hong Kong, Philippines. California, Tennessee, South and North Carolina, Florida and Arizona. I know there are varying degrees of Cancer and not all will be as fortunate as I have been. What was my secrete, I had a great support system and I was not going to let this get the best of me. I focused on wanting to get back to normal which I now I understand is the new normal. During my treatments I had acupuncture 3 times a week, I only took Children's Tylenol and a liquid version of Mucinex. I also had the Scopolamine patch which helped with the mucous buildup. We are all different in the severity and treatments we go through, it wont be easy, get the calories in using milkshakes with protein, another trick I used, I wold mix it up and drink warm water to wash the taste of what I began to hate in those milkshakes, it was soothing to my throat. I used honey from new Zealand when my throat got raw. I never needed a feeding tube although it was threatened a couple of times. Again your process will most likely be different than mine, I was told yesterday I came through this better than anyone they had ever seen come through it so early. I hope my post and information as i went through all of it helps someone else, it gets rough but I am proof it gets better.

Thank you to all who have shared their stories and advice in these forums you helped me also I hope I can do the same for others.

Leonard
BOT T2N0 Diagnose Confirmed December 7th
Treatment Start Radiation January 11th Last treatment applied February 19th 2016