Hi Leonard. Soft foods or more solid foods with tons of gravy are best until things settle down. I remember a young person who was just ahead of me in radiation treatment telling me she smothered everything in cream, sour cream and butter. She had lost a lot of weight so it killed two birds with one stone. If you have bread or toast you need to put a LOT of spread on it. She said she put butter on cake:)

There's a list of soft foods on this site somewhere.

During and after rads I survived on fortified milkshakes and smoothies. Gradually I found I could eat a few things here and there. I'm always calculating in my head: am I getting enough protein, vitamins etc? You have to be a little bit more organised when normal eating is compromised. Shouldn't be too much longer for you now.

Best wishes.

1996, ovarian cancer surgery + cisplatin and taxol.
September, 2007, SCC of left lateral tongue. Excision.
October, 2009 recurrence in scar tissue, T1NOMO. Free flap surgery from left wrist - neck dissection. 63 year old New Zealander. No chemo, no RT.
February, 2014. New primary in left buccal mucosa. Marginal mandibulectomy, neck dissection, right arm free forearm flap. T1N0M0 but third occurrence and some areas of concern: RT started 8 April and finished 19 May.