Final Radiation Treatment completed yesterday 2-19-16 . To my surprise several friends and family were waiting for me as I came out including what seemed to be the entire radiation team including nurses and people that work the machines. It was an emotional day, finally being done. At the same time it was sad, as my cousin who was an ENT and got me to the care that I needed, passed away suddenly while on vacation in Hawaii with his family. What a great Dr. he was Dr. Jeffrey Cooper. He wrote me a note just before his sudden passing. The note said "My joy i really helming my Patients and Family, I am honored that you asked me to help you"

@ Kimberly I will share the information regarding the Almond Milk with my wife. I always thought the milk and ice cream I was adding would make the mucous issue worse. Then she told me a dietician at work said this is not true. Who knows what to believe any more.

@ Christine I have found the Shandy Shakes have been soothing, don't like the way they taste but they do the job. Through this I lost about 16 pounds so far. I am still getting the protein I need just not enough calories, I really did need to lose the weight and I understand this is not the best way.

@tamyonk I may be setting my self up for depression, I am hopeful the gunk in my mouth goes away soon and the swelling is reduced in my throat to allow for eating normal food again. Time will tell, today is day 1 post radiation treatment.

Leonard
BOT T2N0 Diagnose Confirmed December 7th
Treatment Start Radiation January 11th Last treatment applied February 19th 2016