I guess this thread should be updated to go to the post treatment thread. I thought I would throw another update in. Possibly to help someone else to have a timeline of how someone else is doing.

I have just entered week 4 post radiation, The biggest problem I have had seems to be changing, I do not have as much mucous but it is still there and more in my throat than in my mouth. Certainly there are times when it gets extra thick and I cough bunch up but now where as much as the past two weeks. Now it seems like I have more of a thick saliva that is string and accumulates fast, still going through many tissues.

By the end of the day my throat is really sore and difficult to swallow. I don't know if it is swollen or dry, have not figured that out yet. This started in the past week, after I drink the disgusting shake with protein and calories it seems to ease up a bit. I am also still drinking warm water to wash it down. This seems to work better than cold water and is more soothing. I have tried to eat a few solid foods, really a weird feeling and does not clear my mouth so easy. I really want Pizza. I am still wearing the patch for nausea, Have had this on for several weeks now, obviously switching it every three days. I am also still going for acupuncture but down to one day a week. I have no idea if this helps or not, I have not had any serious pain at all. I am now able to swallow smaller pills with a big gulp of water. I have been doing the recommended exercise with my tongue and jaw as recommended by the speech therapist. Discomfort seems to come more at night, throat gets really sore which is when I have been taking the one aleve. In the stretching exercise when I was first told begin it now before treatments were beginning I could not see the point. I did as was suggested and now I can understand why. even a serious yawn pulls as my throat. I have lost just over 20lbs and seem to be holding steady.

Last week I began fruit smoothies, Peach, Strawberry and Banana with Apple juice, the original impact was uncomfortable, I realized it was not because of the citrus it was the cold.

With all of this I realize from all the comments, suggestions and information everyone is different. Everyone moves at a different pace. I do have one other concern which I will wait to ask the Dr. about before adding anything here.

Thank you to everyone who has provided feedback, because this appears to be a cancer that several people are getting I hope the responses others have give me help new readers who are as scared and confused as I was in the beginning. Not that I am not still uncertain about how long before I get back to something close to normal and of course what the new normal will be. Here is hoping they got it all.

Leonard
BOT T2N0 Diagnose Confirmed December 7th
Treatment Start Radiation January 11th Last treatment applied February 19th 2016