Thank You again Christine, the Dry mouth will be unpleasant, I experienced it occasionally with some meds I had taken in the past. I don't know that anything can prepare you for this as you call it gunky mucous. I can't wait till it is gone, that day can not come soon enough. That will be a day for celebration.

For discomfort I started with liquid Advil the children formula. A little magic mouthwash followed by the liquid childrens Advil and a little children Mucinex is what I started using recently. The pain is not that significant compared to the gunk. I don't know if I attribute the reduced discomfort to Acupuncture which I had been getting two to three times a week since the beginning of the treatments. Interestingly I started on the Advil when I did not have access to the acupuncture, the person left for Chinese New Year and the backup person is also not available since last Wednesday.

I was having a problem with water until I shifted to warm water. Seems to go down much easier. My wife is also a dialysis nurse or I guess I should say now she manages the acute dialysis program for about 30 hospitals. The nutritionist gave her some samples of an item called Liqua Cel. I have the peach Mango flavor. The package includes about 1 ounce of liquid you mix it with a small amount of water and it provides 90 calories and 16 grams of protein.

http://www.amazon.com/LIQUACEL-CONC...5523771&sr=8-4&keywords=liquacel

Leonard
BOT T2N0 Diagnose Confirmed December 7th
Treatment Start Radiation January 11th Last treatment applied February 19th 2016