Thank you Cheryl. I'm with you, believe me. I'm clinging to my 1% (or whatever) chance and I'm going to look for every out on this, believe me. I haven't and won't quit fighting -- I just can't see leaving my wife and kids yet. It may not look good, but I don't want to accept failure. Who knows what may happen -- I know it ain't good, I reckon it's probably worst case, but I appreciate your optimism because optimism is a wonderful thing!

Another lyric I live my life by (for better or for worse) -- "Spit In your eye, I will defy -- you'll be afraid when I call out your name. I'm not a number, I'm a free man, and my blood is my own, now. Don't care where the past was, I know where I'm going." - Iron Maiden. Who says 80s metal has nothing to say?

I'm doing my very best to believe that they don't know anything and as such I get to ride on and on and on and on and on.

I should note (hence the edit) in fairness that the RO hasn't made the call and is hopeful that we can get more information. I pressed him for scenarios and odds and he was honest and forthcoming. This is just an indication of the direction the conversation went -- I just seem to like to know scenarios and odds. I'm reporting these things out because I like to shout about things I don't like and you guys are the people that understand the things I am shouting about.

I know too many people here have suffered and lost and you guys, then, know why I cry, why I'm so sad and why the very idea hurts way more than the radiation and chemo ever would. Like I said, though, thanks for the encouragement -- the one thing I know is, whatever the odds, none of us know for certain what will happen until they know more for certain. I'm still hoping!

Thank you!

The Hellion

Last edited by TheHellion; 12-05-2014 10:19 AM.

SCC Base of Tongue
Diagnosed 3/5/2014 T2N2C
PEG Installed 3/19/2014
Chemo/Rad 3/27/2014
1x Cisplatin, 4+ TaxoCarboplat + 33 * 70 gy
Chemo FINISHED 5/5/2014
Rads FINISHED
PEG tube removed 10/08/14
Back to work 4 Aug full time
1/19/15 - diagnosed mets to lungs
7/17/15 began Pembrolizumab clinical trial demitted October 2015
1/14/16 began Tremi-MEDI trial