Stacey

Sorry I may be missing this, but did the MO ever tell your husband whether the radiation was 'preventative" or treatment?
Like DavidCPA, I was an extremely stubborn patient - one that your husband would probably relate to. Despite what it looks like, it could all turn out okay. Even though late, the radiation treatments really do a job on cancer cells. As for the weight loss, that 10% or 15% weight loss "rule" is just a general guideline with lots of individual exceptions. I had bulked up with lean muscle mass to 177 pounds from my 127 pounds speedy marathon days. I refused the PEG so I lost about 37 pounds. I never had dehydration or any issues except having to put heavy lead weights into vest pockets and wearing combat boots when I got on the RO's scale. (which earned me lots of rebukes when I first joined OCF and was not only proud of it but encouraged others to do the same - I have now repented and renounce that practice and no longer recommend it). I'm up to 142 pounds now 5 years later so it turned out okay.
So it's a shame you have to deal with all this. But there is still hope.
Charm

65 yr Old Frack
Stage IV BOT T3N2M0 HPV 16+
2007:72GY IMRT(40) 8 ERBITUX No PEG
2008:CANCER BACK Salvage Surgery
25GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin
Apaghia /G button
2012: CANCER BACK -left tonsilar fossa
40GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin

Passed away 4-29-13