He is being treated by Oncology Hematology Inc in Southern Ohio w/RT at Jewish Hospital in Kenwood, Ohio.

The MO told him to have a flouride treatment and have his teeth cleaned prior to RT. It was a very casual conversation. The MO said that if he had a cavity or needed a crown then my husbands jaw bone might be crushed...then they would have a major problem. He went to our regular dentists and they did one flouride treatment (no trays) and stated that if he had an issue that they would just shear my husbands tooth off level with the gum. Absolutely no one told us anything about the metal crowns or fillings being a problem. He had plenty of time too. He had surgery on 10/12 and they did not start RT til the last week of November.

Yes. His cancer cells are HPV16+ and I need to change my signature to reflect that.

The ENT said Chemo and he knew the cells were HPV+. The MO then said yes until the PET Scan came back. He said that the MO's there and at a Cancer Center (started by Minnie Pearl but it's named after her her real name not stage name) had all discussed his case and they did not think he needed Chemo because the cancer cells are HPV+. He also made this statement tho that we should not be surprised if this cancer doesn't change to Lymphoma. We then met the RO and he said that he did not agree with the Lymphoma possibility. He also told me privately that the MO should have never told my husband that he would survive this. My husband cried in relief after we left the office and thought this RT was completely preventive ONLY.

The RO has given him Zofron for nausea and my husband has migraines and I don't think he takes them. The RO gave him a mild steroid medication last Wednesday but my husband has yet to take a pill. The RO is incredulous and so am I. I know that he has been sick twice since (within 24 hrs) and he won't take it. The Dr told him that he would have to go on a PEG, that he had mild mucitis and it will be extremely bad in the future. He told him the PEG would not help if he is throwing up and that he reduces his survivability rate by 1% each time he misses RT because he is throwing up. It's like he doesn't hear what the RO is saying.

He has always been private but we have young adult children that live here. He was very upset that I would have Christmas dinner and that I would invite my parents. I need to go to the Dr Friday morning so I can't take him but I can pick him up. He refuses to let our 25 y/o son take him or our neighbor. He wants to either skip it or drive himself (which he can't do).
We are not allowed to have any member of my family or his family here...period. I don't even know what to think of how he is acting and he won't listen to me and he made a statement that he feels he lost his manhood.

I asked the RO and he told my husband that the Primary Source they suspected was the tonsils or BOT and assured me they were radiating that area.

He claims that he drinks 48 ounces of water per day but when I take him for an IV they can't find a vein because he is so dehydrated. He doesn't take his High Blood Pressure pills because his BP is so low. I have told him about the nutrition, 2500 calories, protein and 48 ozs of water and he says he is but he isn't evidenced by the weight etc.

I will talk to the RO to find out about molds or something.

I sent his brothers emails today to see if they can talk to him or visit him. I don't know how to 'right the ship' with meds, food and water. My family wants to visit and help but no one can even talk to me or to him. He won't talk to his parents (in their 80's). Fortunately, I have all of you to help me.

I don't know what to do now. I have scheduled him for IV's every day that he has RT because he will do that right now. He is talking about dropping that already. I appreciate any help or advice.

Stacey (Caregiver to Husband)
Lymph Node Removed 10/12
Dx SCC MET 10/12
No Primary Tumor Found
IMRT x 33 (Started RT late 11/12)
CT Scan and PET Scan Clear 4/13