Stacey, you're a true soldier and you're in the toughest fight of your life, as is your husband. Everything the other posters have advised is great stuff and I know you'll be reading and rereading it.

All I can add is that Zofran never worked for my nausea. Eventually I got some Compazine and that seemed to help. So if you haven't tried it perhaps you could ask for some.

Whatever you do, whatever it takes, don't let him skip or stop the radiation treatments. Everyone here will echo that advice.

His weight loss seems to be about on a par with mine. I was 188 when I began and 6 weeks later down to 158. But I was doing it alone and had no cheerleader to help me get the proper nutrition. He'll do better with you.

Sad to say it, but assuming he keeps going with the rads he's going to have less will to fight you. But you can turn that into a positive by becoming more assertive, as it will be easier for you.

My heart goes out to both of you. But you can get him through it, and in a few months things will look much rosier.

Keep us posted.

Courage.

David 2
SCC of occult origin 1/09 (age 55)| Stage III TXN1M0 | HPV 16+, non-smoker, moderate drinker | Modified radical neck dissection 3/09 | 31 days IMRT finished 6/09 | Hit 14 years all clear in 6/23 | Radiation Fibrosis Syndrome kicked in a few years after treatment and has been progressing since | Prostate cancer diagnosis 10/18