Stacey,

Neither my wife nor I had the benefit of this site during my Tx. I was really stubborn during my Tx. I would lie to her about my meds, my cans of VHC, my water, my weight, etc. One day when I had lost my voice (that's happens later on in Tx) I was told by my docs that I needed to be admitted to the hospital for severe dehydration and pain. It was a Sat and I wanted to watch my college football game and that probably wouldn't happen if I did the hospital thing so I refused to go. My wife, my Vida, had had enough and she abuptly screamed "OK THEN JUST LIE THERE AND DIE!!!". With that she left the room and went downstairs. I knew that she would come back but as the minutes passed and turned into an hour I finally realized that I had to put my big boy pants on but too weak to get out of bed and with no voice I had to lie there and wait until she decided I had had enough. She FINALLY did come back; we went to the hospital; I missed my game; the docs told her I was within hours of my kidneys shutting down; and she saved my sorry butt.

At some point you need to be the nurse from hell and at some point he needs to put his big boy pants on.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.