Suzy:
I echo the seeing a physical Therapist for massage techniques. I had the "Turkey Waddle" going on and found it uncomfortable, for lack of a better word. The massage processes I learned help move the lymphatic fluids around and lessen the amount gathered just under the chin. The swallowing piece is still a challenge 4 years out but all the mayo and gravy help keep the weight at a comfortable range, otherwise I probably wouldn't garner enough calories. I still get some fluid build up with changes in weather (Maybe there's a new profession hidden there-LOL) so i utilize the massages routinely. Also, Biotene products were mentioned earlier. I use most of their products and whatever you do STAY HYDRATED, it helps. As for the scar tissue speak to your doctors about it. Hopefully it isn't a large part of the swallowing issues and if so maybe there are some alternative solutions to at least some of it.
Warm Regards,
Steve

SCC right side BOT/FOM; DX 1-25-06; Neck dissection/25% of tongue removed 2-17-06. Stage 2 Recurrence 7-06: IMRTX35 & 3X Cisplatin ended 10-18-06. Tumor found 03/18/13; Partial Glossectomy 03/28/13 left lateral tongue. Nov. 2014; headaches,lump on left side of throat. Radical Neck Dissection 12-17-14; Tumor into nerves/jugular; Surgery successful, IMRTX30 & 7X Erbotux. Scan 06-03-15; NED! 06-02-16; Mets to left Humerus bone and lesion on lungs-here We go again! Never, Ever Give Up!

**** PASSED AWAY 10/8/16 ****