I can not speak to the scar issue on your neck as I did not have to have lymph nodes removed. However, at about 3 months post treatment I began experiencing Lymphedema - alot of "swelling" in my neck and also lower face. My RO got me into physical therapy at the local hospital. It was handled through the wound treatment department. The PT worked with me with massaging techniques for my face and neck that made a huge difference in the amount of fluid that was collecting. I was able to do these massages at home also Over the course of the next two months it all but disappeared. Also, I purchased a garment from Solaris that I wore at night that also helped. Following is the info in the garment.

solarismed.com
414-918-9180

Item Code FN-MA "Tribute individually manufactured therapeutic nightwear edema garment" (Previously FN-NK) E1399

Good Luck. PM me if you are unable to get results from your Dr getting a referral to a PT. I think I have kept the details and diagrams of the exercises I did and I can email them to you.

DX 2/10/09; Stage 1 SCC side of tongue; Partial Gloss; PEG in 3/3/09; 3 Cisplatin; 35 IMRT; PEG out 7/17/09; Eating via mouth and walking 3 miles/day 4 wks after treatment end. 50 pound weight loss; Clear PET 09/09 and 09/10