Hi:

I had two neck dissections 3 years apart, and had radiation twice. It is the radiation that is the culprit. It truly is the gift that keeps on giving. My left nd started to tighten up after about 2 years and now my right nd is tighening too. I think of it as a "cost of doing business", but I suspect that your connective tissue disorder might be making a tough situation worse. Time to have a good chat with your doctors!! Make them listen.

As far as swallowing liquids - I have a much much easier time drinking from a bottle as opposed to sipping from a cup. When my throat is tight the bottle seems to deliver the water to just the right place at the back of my mouth - maybe that will help?? Worth giving a try anyway.

Donna

Donna,69, SCC L Tongue T2N1MO Stg IV 4/04 w/partial gloss;32 radtx; T2N2M0 Stg IV; R tongue-2nd partial gloss w/graft 10/07; 30 radtx/2 cispl 2/08. 3rd Oral Cancer surgery 1/22 - Stage 1. 2022 surgery eliminated swallowing and bottom left jaw. Now a “Tubie for Life”.no food envy - Thank God! Surviving isn't easy!!!! .Proudly Canadian - YES, UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE IS WONDERFUL! (Not perfect but definitely WONDERFUL)